About Halton Catholic Teachers Guild
The Guild was established to assist Catholic teachers in the Halton and Hamilton regions to deepen their vocation as a teacher. It is based on the CTG of Toronto model established in 2000.
The mission of the Catholic Teachers Guild is to support and strengthen the vocation of the teacher in the teaching tradition of the Catholic Church. This follows from a conviction that Catholic Education is anchored in the personal witness, not only in the Word proclaimed but also in the Word lived.
We seek to support the vocation of the Catholic teacher through special events, lectures, study groups, a web site and, ultimately, by the establishment of an association for such activity. The Catholic Teachers Guild is the result of a collegial effort by a group of lay teachers. We are a community that seeks the guidance of the Holy Spirit through a wider involvement of those called to teach.
The Catholic Teachers Guild is a lay organization that exists for the purpose of strengthening the faith life of its members. As such, it avoids political activism. The Catholic Teachers Guild recognizes the legitimate role that teacher federations play in protecting the labor rights of teachers as well as the role they play in supporting their members.
For membership in the Catholic Teachers Guild, a Catholic teacher is considered to be anyone who is a Catholic working in education. Catholic Teachers can be, but are not limited to classroom teachers, Administrators; Chaplaincy Leaders; Educational Assistants; Professors; Instructors working in any institution: public, publicly funded Catholic, private, elementary, secondary, post-secondary, home-schooling, Teacher Candidates in the Faculty of Education; Occasional Teachers; Retired Teachers; and teachers working in other fields.
Anyone in the field of education or in anticipation of entering into this field, is welcome to join as a CTG Member. The CTG provides a community of Catholic Educators who can meet and support one another. The Guild hosts and co-hosts different initiatives such as (retreats, workshops, and more). The CTG supports the formation of Catholic Teachers.
Full membership $20.00 (payable at first event)
Renewal of membership annually $10.00
- Jul - Oratory Theology Summer School, July 6-10 and July 13-17, Toronto and online
- Aug - Our Lady Seat of Wisdom Summer Institute for Teachers, Aug 5-8, Barry's Bay
- Sep - Annual Education Mass, Wednesday, September 2, 10:00 am http://www.torontocatholicteachersguild.com/
- livestream from St Michaels Cathedral,Toronto https://www.stmichaelscathedral.com/live
- in person is limited: RSVP https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/annual-catholic-education-mass-tickets-114546058344
- Sep 23 - Education Mass for Halton and Hamilton regions
- St Andrew Church, 47 Reynolds St, Oakville, ON L6J 3J9
- Sep - Jun - Eucharist Adoration - 7:00-8:00pm (Sep 11, Oct 9, Nov 13, Dec 11)
- St Ann's Church 120 Sherman, Hamilton (Sherman/Barton)
- October/November - Teacher Formation Series - TBA
- Lenten Retreat - TBA